Thursday, December 1, 2011

Importing Vendor Master in Dynamics AX 2009


01-11-2011

Importing Vendor Master through Excel sheet in Dynamics Ax 2009

Problem: I was asked to import vendor master table. After i created the definition group for vendtable then i import the data from excel sheet but the error occurs “the data already exist”.

Solved:   The problem occurs because of addressBookId. In my excel sheet my addressBookId was empty. I need to fill that field with unique id or run some scripts to satisfy the error.

                I solved this problem by using Number sequence set the number sequence for address book Id. Navigate to Basic>Setup>GlobalAddressBook>Parameters. Click the number sequences tab and select the number sequence for Address Book Id

4 comments:

  1. I had created one report in AX 4.0. After completed the report, when I want to generate the report, it prompt me an error:"The report MGS_RepairMaintenanceReport_PRPO has no designs.
    Object 'ReportRun' could not be created."
    When I compile the report, it never shows any error for me. Can you explain to me why it happens like that? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Error shows there is no design element in your report. add design element
    If you had added the design element still the error persists please explain how you created the report
    It wont show error at compile time..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had added the design element.
      First,I added 2 Data Sources in the report.(These 2 data sources are View)
      Second, I right click on the Designs->New Report Design-> Generate Design.
      Third, I drag the field from that 2 data sources to the report body.
      Kindly help to advice. Thank you.

      Delete
    2. I already fixed my problem.
      Thanks anyway :)

      Delete