Sunday, November 1, 2015

Installation of Visual Studio tools on Dynamics AX 2012 R3 CU9



Its been a long time that i have written my last post. I was tied up with some work.

Problem: I was trying to install visual studio tools on Dynamics AX R3 CU9 version. But i was keep getting an error that "Installation package missing".

Solution: I was aware of the compatibility that CU9 works with VS 2013 Update 2 and above but my AX installer package keep giving me a error. So i got to know that VS tools for CU9 missing from my installer package. 

What it means that my installation folder doesnt contain the necessary VS tool files to install it. I downloaded CU9 slipstream file and copy the  folders to my installation folder then no longer i am seeing the error, I am able to install the VS tools. Following link helped me on the process. I hope you find this useful

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/axsupport/archive/2015/04/21/how-to-slip-stream-ax-2012-r3-cu-8.aspx

Dynamics AX community


No comments:

Post a Comment